A marine trade policy allows selected insurance covers, including those which are unique to the marine trade, to be consolidated under a single cost-effective umbrella policy.
This type of package policy is typically suited to the requirements of boat builders and shipwrights, boat traders, chandlers, marinas, boatyards, harbour authorities, yacht clubs, sail makers and the like.
Not all marine related risks require a marine trade combined policy and standalone policies are available for tailored needs of associated marine professions and trades such as surveyors, engineers, electricians, welders and fabricators.
If I take out a Marine Trade policy what could it cover me for?
- Business premises and property both ashore and afloat
- Vessels including builders’ risks
- Business interruption
- Public and products liability including yacht yard indemnity, waterborne, height and heat work
- Employers’ liability
- Cover while at shows and exhibitions
- Cover for activities carried out abroad
- Business and personal travel insurance cover
- Loss of money
- Goods in transit
- Defective title and ownership
- Professional indemnity
- Directors & officers liability
- Legal expenses
Why do you need this insurance?
Can you answer yes to any of these statements?
- You have valuable assets that need protection
- You have customers’ property in your care, custody or control
- You need someone to cover your legal liabilities and defend you in any court action
- You conduct activities while off-shore
- You need to comply with contractual requirements
- You need to comply with regulatory requirements – Employers’ Liability is a compulsory insurance even if you only employ persons on a casual basis
- You provide advice or designs for a separate fee
Why use Brunel Marine for marine trade insurance?
Brunel Marine has access to many specialist insurers who provide marine trade and associated insurance policies.
Our highly experienced and informed marine trade advisors can guide you through the appropriate covers to meet your insurance requirements. We will happily visit you at your premises to help you identify the risks you need to cover.
Brunel provides clear and impartial advice, delivered in friendly manner. We will take time to explain clearly the benefits of your policy and any conditions or restrictions that apply.
Contact our specialist Marine division today. Call 0117 325 2224 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org